RE: Re: Gee but I'd love to hear that again --- me too!

To: ALFABYTE@aol.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Re: Gee but I'd love to hear that again --- me too!
From: Rick.Yocum@mail.sprint.com
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 14:12:57 -0400
Listen to this guy...television coverage.  See, some of us never dreamed
the 500 would ever make it to the tube, so it was radio or nothing.  I'm
so damn old my first hero was Bill Vukovich (Bill the First, for you
youngsters), and one of the most maturing moments in my young life was
hearing the announcement by Sid Collins that Vuky was dead from his
backstretch crash.  Hell, no one had told me that your hero could die.

Rick Yocum
Trans Am Nova
(which, as Jack Woehrle pointed out to me, would by an odds-on favorite
to win the Pikes Peak Hill Climb...if they ever run it from the top,
down.)