Re: Gee but I'd love to hear that again --- me too!

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gee but I'd love to hear that again --- me too!
From: ALFABYTE@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 13:48:43 EDT
What memories...Riding my bicycle in circles in the parking lot across the
street with a transistor radio on the handle bars listening to "The Race."
Then spend a couple hours of the radio broadcast listening to it in the
garage putting a coat of wax on the 1/4 midget.  Made ya feel like a big guy
racer dude. Here in Chicago we would get a tape delay on TV later at night.
So, I never listened to the last few laps on the radio.  Dad brought home our
first color TV on race day one year.  Awesome.
Rick Dunleavy
VSCDA #63 Tina G.T.