Re: Shop Floors

To: scarlett@tubetechltd.com
Subject: Re: Shop Floors
From: EeeMCee@cs.com
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 13:31:19 EDT
So far all the approaches seem VERY expensive. Putting pipes in a slab of
cement also means it takes a long time to get any heat out of the system.
I'd put a grid of 2X4's down on 16" centers and lay plywood sheeting over it
unless you have a source of used wood like 2X6's.  Recourse to a book or two
will say how thick it needs to be. You can drill holes in the 2X4's for the
pipes and put some kind of reflective material on the old floor.(mylar?) If
it's YOUR building and you know your not going to park a semi on the floor,
you can detrmine just what the load will be: 6000# vehicle= 2000# max over a
quarter square foot+/-. There are probably structural people on the list that
can give better numbers than I.
Michael @ Toad Manor

In a message dated 05/03/2000 6:20:21 AM Pacific Daylight Time,