Re: Flywheel explosions

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Flywheel explosions
From: "Mark Palmer" <mgvrmark@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 14:11:27 GMT
Listers,

While we're on this thread ... is anyone out there using a clutch blanket
like the drag racers do?  I've been away from drag racing for too long, but
recall that they used to use (ca 1960's) some sort of ballistic nylon
blanket wrapped around the bell housing, to contain the shrapnel if a
flywheel or clutch came apart. I imagine the drag racers still use these.

Anyone with relevant experience in vintage sports car racing?

Regards,
Mark Palmer