RE: Vintage Racer: what car to buy?

To: "Rabe, Joachim" <RabeJ@BP.com>
Subject: RE: Vintage Racer: what car to buy?
From: thom kuby <thomkuby@iwvisp.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 12:08:08 +0100
Joachim,
the 510 was also known as the"bluebird" in europe (at least in england).
The car I'm referring to was built from'68 -'73 ( I THINK, but I'm not too
far off on that time span)  2drs, 4drs, and wagons were produced. the
sedans have IRS, while the wagon had a beam rear axle/differential. They
were originally fitted with a very robust 1600 OHC engine.  Same engine can
be found in a bunch of other Datsun products of the same era.  It was a
very nice, and cheaper, alternative to the BMW 2002,actually.

If there are any true vintage Datsun fanatics on this list - Please, Jump
in and help Joachim out...

regards
Thom Kuby