Re: Spirit of Vintage Racing, was Re: Lime Rock Fall Festival

To: mgvrmark@hotmail.com, bspruck@mindspring.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spirit of Vintage Racing, was Re: Lime Rock Fall Festival
From: LMR356@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 04:46:38 EST
".....Old ladies racing slow cars."    Well, let's not forget that some of us
still have those original drum brakes along with those original skinny,
little Dunlop L tires too!

I wonder how many "vintage racers" of the aggregate have ever tried stopping
a race car on the last few laps of a race on drum brakes....we're all on the
"binders" a lot sooner rather than later!   And sometimes....that requires
some real forethought!

As to Lime Rock's Vintage (Fall Festival)  past.....it was sure fun while it
lasted!   Let's wait and see what the future will be.   You be the judge!

Lee Raskin,  Arnolt-Bristol, 356A Porsche and  ex Pre-war Morgan 4-4.