Re: My Most Miserable Experience Making

To: vintage-race-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: My Most Miserable Experience Making
From: Jeff Warner <Jeff_Warner@ssa-sa.sel.sony.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2000 09:10:07 -0600
Good story Scott.
Being bald now I appreciate the memories of the hair I had in 1975.

I have a similar trapped story but it ties in with the heated garage floor.

During highschool I lived in the last town in Idaho just before Canada, Bonners
Ferry.

It was a SUB ZERO night and wearing a full head to foot snow mobile suit I
shoveled snow out to get to the unheated barn to work on the 1938 Ford car
project I had.

After several trips back and forth from the warm house to the barn I laid down
on the -10 degree concrete floor, slide under the car, and to worked on the
U-joint nuts  for about 20 minutes.

I then tried to slide out and found my suit was frozen solid to the floor and
the bottom of the car.

Luckily I too didn't show up at the house as expected and my Dad came looking
for me.  He was able to help me side out of the suit which stayed frozen to the
floor until I brought a space heater out the next morning.

I have heard about that story more than I want at family gatherings.
" I hear your "stuck" on your old cars" ....  "

I now live in San Antonio, Texas where it is in the 60s this week.  :-)

Jeff

                               !
!