Re: Shop Floor

To: vintage-race-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shop Floor
From: CarterCM@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 23:16:42 EST
In a message dated 1/4/2000 5:36:19 PM Pacific Standard Time,
simon@mondes.com writes:

<< When I was a starving student, I lived in a CO-OP
 part of the year. They had something like this done to the floor in the
 main kitchen (this was a 150 person CO-OP). The stuff was VERY hard to
 keep clean. It seemed to collect grime. >>

In a kitchen-type use with constant traffic over spills and water you need
something pretty aggressive, like the large grit carborundum for occupational
safety reasons. In a garage, fine sand will give just enough of a texture and
still be fairly easy to clean. As mentioned in another post, aggressive
etching helps too.

Craig