Re: Shop Floor

To: CarterCM@aol.com
Subject: Re: Shop Floor
From: Simon Favre <simon@mondes.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 17:34:33 -0800
Good suggestion. I did point out the slippery nature of the stuff to the
original requestor. When I was a starving student, I lived in a CO-OP
part of the year. They had something like this done to the floor in the
main kitchen (this was a 150 person CO-OP). The stuff was VERY hard to
keep clean. It seemed to collect grime. What my friend with the home
shop does is keep the walking areas of the floor covered with carpet
scraps. That way, the epoxy floor covering gives less chance to slip. I
did almost do a prat fall on his floor once, tho. The carpet scraps can
be replaced cheaply. Lying on carpet scraps is also preferable to bare
concrete, with or without epoxy.