Re: Synthetic Brake Fluid

To: hayes@mediaone.net
Subject: Re: Synthetic Brake Fluid
From: "Richard E. Buckingham, Jr." <rebjrmd@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 10:22:10 -0800
Listers, in an early posting, it was stated that the boiling point of silicone
fluid was lower than polyglycol based brake fluids--something like 440 degrees
was mentioned.  According to the Dow Corning spec sheet that I have in front
of me, the boiling point of silicone is greater than 700 degrees.  This plus
no water pickup and no damage to your paint obviously makes this desirable.  I
am going to put it in a Tarashchi Formula Jr. that I am restoring (with drum
brakes).

Dick Buckingham, Jr.