Re: Synthetic Brake Fluid

To: carlmcle@saturnnet.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Synthetic Brake Fluid
From: NeotoyRick@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 17:21:22 EST
I have had GREAT results with the ATE blue in a Porsche 356 vintage race car.
 Big tracks and small tracks, significantly better than Castrol LMA.  I began
to notice the performance at the hard braking areas (i.e. going to turn 5 at
Road America). I run 10-12 race weekends per season on about 8 different
tracks.  Flush thru (turkey baster drain the reservoir and 10-15 pumps per
bleeder nipple) after each weekend.  May have to bleed at Blackahawk or
Grattan, (3-5 pumps per bleeder) during the weekend.  No problems with any
seals.

BTW  regarding brakes: I have also had very good results with the Russell one
man bleeders (ball valve in bleeder) about $9.95 at Jeg's.  If you use them
carry a spare set.

Rick Gurolnick
1960 Porsche 356 roadster vintage racecar