Re: Brake Fluid

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake Fluid
From: Tony Drews <tmccis@revealed.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 19:14:31 -0500
I was told in a scientific manner that synthetic wasn't great for race
applications.  We use DOT 4 rated fluid.  It's not nearly so nice on the paint,
but can tolerate heat pretty well.  Our brakes get hot enough to cook the seals
couple of times a season.  I seem to remember the reasoning for synthetic being
bad is that it has some compressibility?  Maybe someone has a more scientific
answer...

- Tony Drews