RE: Condensation

To: Vintage Race <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Condensation
From: Simon Favre <simon@mondes.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 10:29:17 -0800
I agree with Gerald. I have to block my oil cooler in cool weather or the
temp won't even reach 180. Even when running a bit cool, I still don't
see the kind of condensation Jack does.  I used to see condensation in an
old Ford ('57 F100) I had. That thing had so much blowby it was a mess.
After I put a new long block in it, no more goop.

The other thing that occurred to me was that it seems to be the front
engined vehicles that exhibit this. Too much airflow past the motor making
the valve cover run cool? If you'd put the motor amidships, where it
BELONGS in a race car, you wouldn't have this problem. ;=)