Re: Sydney circuits

To: John Robinson <john@jr-and-assoc.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Sydney circuits
From: ply@adtrading.com (Patrick Young)
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 09:59:49 +0800
Re:
>The Pheonix Park road circuit in Dublin springs to mind.  The fastest
>part of the track is badly paved, heavily cambered and totally devoid of
>any armco or straw bales.  The trees are unprotected, although the
>corner workers are - by steel skips filled with bits of old concrete.  I
>did it in a UK spec Formula Vee and whilst I have no regrets - I am not
>goinf back!

True, "the Park" is great crack, especially the longer circuits. However,
even with the vicious camber and those lamposts (Tommy Byrne notably bent
one very near the top in about 1980 in a Van Dieman at about 25 feet up,
backwards. Nevertheless, even as an Irishman, I would have to say it's a
mere whippersnapper compared to Bathurst.

Which I do believe brings us neatly back to where this conversation started...

Regards,

Patrick