Re: Laguna Seca

To: favres@engmail.ulinear.com
Subject: Re: Laguna Seca
From: CLCSF@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 12:11:49 -0400 (EDT)
I dont blame CSRG for losing Reno, but there is no reason why an established
club with a solid reputation should not run a premier track such as Laguna.
Regarding the noise limit, I have become the resident expert having been
blackflagged 6 times for noise at the last Sears Point CSRG race. It's time
to buy a muffler! I guess the old straight pipe days are a thing of the past.
I understand that a well engineered muffler has little or no affect on
performance. If we are to run all of the available tracks in our increasingly
urban society, noise must be considered.
How about some feedback on muffler use -- types, installation tips, etc.
I was on the VARA board years ago and I thought I had learned my lesson, but
CSRG is a good group and I think I will test the waters next year.
Don Queen