Re: Current brain hurricane!!

To: Simon Favre <favres@engmail.ulinear.com>
Subject: Re: Current brain hurricane!!
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 16:55:04 -0500
I've always thought that the ideal would be to tow with a car that had the
same engine as the race car - total spares on the hoof!  This brings to mind
a story that I just read, about Dick Trickle of NASCAR fame (I think it's
about him, anyway).  He was at the track, running his circle track stock car
at a saturday night race, and toasted the motor.  There was some money at
stake so he pulled the motor from his hauler, threw it in the race car and
won the race!  Later, when asked about this feat, he revealed that the motor
in the truck had blown the week earlier, so he'd put the spare race motor in
the truck to get to the race!

>>So you have a simple car to race with, and a vintage car with lots of
>>storage to tow with- perfect combination!!!  (I'm sure I'm not the first
>>with an idea like this...)
>
>The Alfa powered sports racers are pretty cool, but they seem a bit
>underpowered compared to say, a Lotus 23 with a 289.

Brian Evans
Director, General Sales
UUNET Canada Inc.
20 Bay Street, Suite 1910