Re: Current brain hurricane!!

To: estorhok@ford.com, favres@engmail.ulinear.com
Subject: Re: Current brain hurricane!!
From: cak@dimebank.com (Chris Kantarjiev)
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 13:15:57 -0800
Current plans have me towing a shifter kart behind our '59 Morris Minor
Traveller starting next season. If that works out, a Lola FF will
be next in line...

The problem with the vintage Land Rovers is that they don't have anything
approaching a modern top speed. Lots of grunt, but the gearing
is quite high (numerically) and it takes forever to reach something
like a freeway cruising speed. One of the Vintage Triumph folks
tows his TR6 behind a Series II 88 and has been pulled over more
than once for driving too slowly, even in the right lane.

Now, drop a 3.5L Rover V8 in and we're starting to talk!