Re: Vintage Race Dilemmas...

To: hbahn@smoke.esusda.gov, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Vintage Race Dilemmas...
From: PaceCars@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 00:44:44 -0400
I don't go for the rolling eligibility date because it leads to the same
problem the SCCA always had - the Car of the Year. As the newer cars become
eligible, you have to deal with the fact that the regulations, technology and
tires have changed. The older cars are not competitive anymore, and the money
starts getting spent. The best rules are the stable ones. If a car was legal
in 1972, it still is today, and will be in five years. This (in my opinion)
leads to the cheapest, closest and most historically interesting racing.