Re: piston to head

To: "Dunst, Mordecai" <mdunst@smtplink.Coh.ORG>
Subject: Re: piston to head
From: dlaver@morgan.com (David Laver)
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 18:31:58 +0100
> BTW if your going to build a "meaner" engine you'll need a solid copper head
> gasket -which I sell for (believe this) -$40.00 plus shipping(about $5.00).

What are the advantages ?

I'm tuning a Lancia Aprilia engine.  This is a narrow angle V4 with one head
casting for all 4 cylinders.  This is of cast iron and square.  The block is
alloy with wet liners, the head seals against the tops of the liners and the
perimeter of the block with very little support in the middle.

Options :

        Standard.

        Wire in grooves to cut into the conventional gasget.

        Solid copper.   What grade and thickness ?

        Rings.   We might need these to be oval as each cylinder is at an angle
to the head.

Any advice ?

David Laver