Re: repeating repeating the message and TR4 Gearbox

To: BBRANDT@TCMAIL.FRCO.COM
Subject: Re: repeating repeating the message and TR4 Gearbox
From: cak@dimebank.com (Chris Kantarjiev)
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 11:18:21 -0700
>Now then.  I've heard that a TR4 gearbox is not suitable for use on a 6 cyl.
>Triumph model like a TR6.   Does anybody have any experience with this swap?

It depends on which TR6. The early 6 cylinder gearboxes are directly
interchangeable with the TR4 - I've done it on my daily driver
(except it was the other way around: TR6 O/D box behind TR4A engine).
Same ratios, same input shaft, mostly the same guts. Different
serial numbers.

There were two further series of TR6 gearboxes. Some parts are interchangeable,
many are not. TRF has a really good description of the differences
and change points in their TR6 catalogs.