Re: [TR] Help! Tappet noise

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Help! Tappet noise
From: bean@warbaby.com
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 16:08:08 -0800
Thanks for all the input folks. This list is great!

Tony- I've pulled the rack and push rods and felt around for the
screw, doesn't mean it isn't there, just couldn't find it.

Teriann- I'm so glad you are back on the list. It's not just your
sparky wit but your practical knowledge and willingness to share same
that make you a gem. I hadn't even thought of a cracked push rod, and
it's old age or stupidity (you choose) not to have checked the
pushrods for bends while I had them out.

Chris- Now you are scaring me. How could the screw get into my
cylinder? It's bad enough imagining it eating a spring, lifter, or
cam. I am really trying to believe that my problem goes no deeper than
the head. If you just try you too can imagine that screw sitting
peacefully in the bottom of my oil pan without a scratch on it.

In any case "real" life continues to infringe on Triumph time. I will
pursue all your suggestions tommorrow and report back with the results.

Barry
'71 signal red GT6

===     http://www.vtr.org