[TR] TDC....or is it?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TDC....or is it?
From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 20:47:57 -0500
Tomorrow the UPS man should be delivering the rest of my TBI conversion
components along with my distributor which has been converted to electronic.
Installation of the converted distributor requires that the engine be at
TDC. When I pulled the distributor, I did it as follows: Removed the
distributor cap to watch the rotor, pulled the #1 plug to watch the piston,
rotated the engine until the timing mark/pointer where on zero. At this
point the rotor was also pointing at the #1 terminal on the cap and the
piston looked to be at the top of its stroke. Is this TDC or could it also
be on the exhaust cycle? I didn't hold my finger over the plug hole to feel
if it was the compression cycle when I rotated the engine.

Also...I've been out of town for a few days and when I checked list mail it
was full of posts about Sue..... I thought Terri was the only lady on the
list? ;-)

Thanks

Bob

Bob Danielson