Re: [TR] TR2,3,4 thermostats

To: arakelianp@mossmotors.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR2,3,4 thermostats
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 17:34:30 EST
In a message dated 1/11/2007 11:26:55 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
arakelianp@mossmotors.com writes:

One  thing to keep in mind with a bellows thermostat is that they were
designed  for the low pressure caps, 7 lbs I believe.  If you decide to
change  to the higher pressure cap, the bellows will collapse under  the
pressure.

Hey Guys,
Not sure what all the Fuss is about but Triumph TR3 101 will teach that it
is required to A) block the bypass or B) use a sleeved thermostat.  I  suppose
we all know that as fact? Using the correct cap is a nice thing to  practice
too. That being said, the condition of the radiator is primarily what  will
determine how hot a TR3 will run, period, no debate, a  fact!  A whole bunch of
other factors will play a role.
The Word According to Me,
Cheers,
Darrell
PS Just found out that my TR3B Rad is full of "Rat Turds"  at the  bottom.
OK , I was trying to stop that dang leak at the neck and went a  little
overboard!
Darrell

===     http://www.vtr.org