RE: [TR] Car Storage

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Car Storage
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@rcn.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 21:21:16 -0400
On 2 Oct 2006 at 14:42, Randall wrote:

> it's not unusual for the wiring, etc. to leak a small
> amount of current due to dirt and whatnot.

I realize you guys are probably running generators but I seem to
recall that the leakage of the diodes in an alternator is high enough
that when left "running" over 4 months the total lost charge is
significant.  Of course, I'm remembering that from some years ago.
Anyway, the point is that disconnecting that battery is too easy to
be left undone.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@rcn.com