[TR] Bushings for ZS carb

To: "Triumph Mail List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Bushings for ZS carb
From: "Scott Suhring" <suhringtr36@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 21:17:41 -0400
I have a spare ZS carb for my '70 TR6 that is in excellent shape other than
a restore of the basic parts and it needs new bushings (too much play in the
shaft).  I ordered the few parts I needed from Moss and when they came today
I was surprised to find that what they call seals for the spindle are not
bushings, but rubber seals.  I spoke to Moss's tech about this (I was not
upset with what they sent as I clearly did not pay attention to the
description, and Moss was top notch in their service with me), specifically
to find out the correct part I needed and to order them.  After checking a
number of cross reference books and even went as far as taking apart their
$125 master rebuild kit, the conclusion he came to was they do not supply
the bushings, which was surprising to both of us.  He gave me the number for
Joe Curto, as he is the expert on ZS carbs and might help.  My question to
the list has anyone else had difficulty buying bushings for their ZS Carb
rebuild and if not, where did you get the bushings?  Vici Brit only lists
the seals (which are rubber and just like what Moss sent me). I didn't try
TRF yet.

Thanks.

Scott Suhring
Mechanicsburg, PA