RE: [TR] Car Storage

To: tr3driver@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [TR] Car Storage
From: "John Herrera" <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 16:39:37 -0400
>Most of the storage instructions fall into the same category, IMO.  It's
>not
>"something bad will definitely happen if you don't to this", but rather
>"Doing this will reduce the chances of something bad happening".
>
>Randall

Seems like every fall the articles appear: How to Prepare Your TR for Winter
Storage, Blah, Blah. Then in the spring: How to Prepare Your TR for Spring
after Winter Storage, Blah, Blah, Blah.

Not that I do it right, but here's what I do:

Winter:
Put car in shed. Turn off engine. Open bonnet, glove box and boot. Mice like
to build their nests in an enclosed area, seems. I don't see the point in
disconnecting the battery; it's an open circuit when the ignition is off.
Unless you have a clock or something. Go into house and drink Gin & Tonic.

Spring:
Charge battery. Batteries will self-discharge at a rate of about one point
of specific gravity per day, and more if the battery top is dirty. Check
fluid levels. Probably not necessary but gives you something to do while the
battery charges. Clean out mouse nests, if required. Pump priming lever on
fuel pump. Shot of starting fluid and... Vroom! Off you go.

John

===     http://www.vtr.org