Re: [TR] Brake Booster

To: diggle@clear.net.nz, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Brake Booster
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 09:05:10 EDT
In a message dated 10/1/2006 11:27:09 PM Central Standard Time,
diggle@clear.net.nz writes:
> Brake Booster or Vacuum power servo,
>
> What car's could I get a brake servo from to install into my 1962 TR4.

Moss and others offer a servo booster that is generic in application that
will take the hydraulic pressure from the master cylinder and boost it using a
vacuum powered servo.  This similar to the unit used in the big Austin Healey's.

Another option is to retrofit a Triumph 2500 or a TR6 braking system into
your TR4.  You would need to use the booster and the master cylinder minimum.
Your TR4 MC might fit but if not the new MC, which is set up for dual circuit
brakes, will certainly fit and the plumbing from a TR6 will fit and will give
you a well sorted out system.  I've seen this system retrofitted to a TR3 so
putting one in a TR4 should be a cake walk.

Cheers

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org