[TR] Low idle vs Higher idle

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Low idle vs Higher idle
From: Cosmo Kramer <tr4a2712@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 05:32:48 -0700 (PDT)
Hi List, again!
I summitted this question to the list & didn't see
anybody replying to it. Maybe because it was over
looked or being a 'theory' question than a 'repair'
question. I really would like some input, because
another person & I are having a 'discussion' on this
topic, & I feel the list's input is important. Here is
the question, again. TIA
=====
Hi List!
I know that in the manual's spects that it states the
Wet sleeve engine's idle should be set at 850 RPM's. &
many people feel that this IS to low, & set or accept
950 -> 1000 Rpm's for an idle.

My question is:
What harm could be done if the idle was set LOWER THAN
850RPM's?

Say 750 or even lower? Still ideling ruffer the lower
you go in RPS's. TIA,

-Cosmo Kramer

===     http://www.vtr.org