Re: [TR] TR6: seeking exhaust recommendation

To: John Dombey <jdombey@infoscapecorp.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6: seeking exhaust recommendation
From: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil007@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 11:39:04 -0700
Taking  the risk  that  I  may be  blackballed  from  the list, I
took  a  completely  different  approach ...  I case you  may have
missed there  is  a  growing  culture of "wheels" on the road most of
which  have a very nice sounding exhaust  (and  most  are  illegal),
so  I  asked  myself ...  "self, where  do those guys  go  for  great
sounding  exhaust" ... yep your  local  "Beaner"  exhaust store.   My
TR3 had  a Monza  and  was much too loud,  these guys  looked  it
over and made a  suggestion ...  install another  in line "bullet"
muffler of  very high quality, no  cheapo  JCW  stuff  here.
End result,  I still have  the  Monza  "look" dual tailpipes,  but
now  have  that  nice throaty  tone, and yes roar  ... when I  put my
foot in  it.   Maybe not  the ideal solution, but these  guys really
enjoy  a challenge, and  I  was amazed  at  their  welding  skills.
"These  guys are good" ... :-$

>I'd rate the Falcon TR6 SS exhaust system one lug wrench whereas I
>would rate the TR3 and the TR8 systems three lug wrenches.

I'll chime in with pretty much the same opinion regarding the TR6 and
TR8 Falcon systems.  The TR8 is great - barks when you get on it,
wuffles nicely when you don't.  The TR6 is fine too - mine doesn't
resonate (although a friends does), and has a decent enough tone.
Depending how you use your car, a louder, deeper tone isn't
necessarily a good thing, so give it some thought before you do
anything.  If you drive it daily, the noise will start to be an
annoyance rather than a joy after a while.

--
Bill  Pugh
1957 TR3 TS16765L

===     http://www.vtr.org