RE: [TR] TR6: seeking exhaust recommendation

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [TR] TR6: seeking exhaust recommendation
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 09:45:29 -0700
> So, it sounds like perhaps the Falcon SS TR6 exhaust is probably
> not the best choice for a deeper, throatier sound.   I actually
> like the Monza exhaust sound that I've heard (although it was
> years ago).   I just prefer the original design of the twin
> outlet pipe offset to the side. Seems to fit the looks of the car
> better.   I think the four outlets of the Monza is a bit
> over-the-top visually for these cars.  Just my personal opinion
> but I may end up going the Monza route anyway for the sound
> before it is all said and done.

Just a thought, have you considered going to a local independant muffler
shop and asking about a custom system ?  It might be cheaper than you think
(mine cost less than the parts for a stock system) and the sound can be
tailored for you.  The exhaust that Allied Muffler built for my Stag is just
a bit too deep and throaty for my taste (not in keeping with the refinement
of the Stag, IMO) but would be just perfect on a TR.  Same guy did my TR3A,
and I literally had several people ask me if it was a V8.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org