Re: Carrying Passengers in TR

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carrying Passengers in TR
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 13:08:23 -0000
Strange how we all have thoughts verging on 'paranoia' about riding safely
in these cars. I well remember riding in Ken Richardson's TR2 development
car at the age of about 8 or 9. I guess it was MVC 575, because it was white
and the great KR was at the wheel. I recall a violent application of the
brakes on the high speed entry into a corner and banging my forehead on the
passenger grab handle. "Oh, sorry," says Ken, "you OK?"
Sure I was OK - though the blood on my trousers took a bit of explaining
when we got home but Mum and Dad didn't seem too concerned. Such incidents
in those days were an accepted fact of life.
Then a year or so back, I sampled the utter delight of driving a superbly
restored MG PB with the ignition key directly in line with the passenger's
face......
And of course, no seat belts in either car!

Jonmac