Re: Synthetic Oil

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Synthetic Oil
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 12:13:33 -0000
Randall wrote:
I run Valvoline 20W50 full synthetic in all my Triumphs, and they
don't leak any worse than with dinosaur juice, maybe even just a bit less.

I take the view that as many of the engines leaked anyway - even when new,
synthetic or dinosaur juice makes little difference.
With the high cost of synthetic in the UK, my Triumphs get the old type of
stuff, mainly to maintain the quality and 'originality' of the leak.
That said, I am considering feeding synthetic water through my pressure
washer to clean up. Maybe the drive will be a bit cleaner?

Jonmac