RE: if the TR3 were made today

To: <Btmfdchn@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: if the TR3 were made today
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 00:04:21 -0700
Btmfdchn@aol.com  wrote :

> Greetings...  Morgan seems to have done it.   TJ

Have you looked at a modern Morgan ?  Granted they still look like a kit car
... but IMO the resemblance to a classic Morgan ends there.  Not one body
panel is the same, I'll bet not one suspension or frame piece is the same
(no wood to be found), and I know the motor and transmission is not the
same.  Rear axle is dubious too (but I haven't been under one to check).

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=7267

"The frame is an interesting combination of rectangular aluminum tubes that
are reinforced with bonded and riveted aluminum panels"

Sure doesn't sound like a Morgan to me !!
Randall