Moth balls 3, Irish Spring 0

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Moth balls 3, Irish Spring 0
From: "McEwen, Art" <Art.McEwen@moh.gov.on.ca>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 14:39:01 -0400
I've been told that Irish Spring (and no other brand) soap works more
effectively to deter varmints while your car is in storage then the
traditional mothballs.  I've been storing my TR3 in a friends hay loft for
several years and have had pretty good luck with Moth Balls, other then the
smell of the balls themselves (which I kind of like actually).   I can't use
any poison as they have cats and dogs.  Last fall I decided to put Irish
Spring to the test and chopped up a bar and placed it throughout the
passenger compartment, under the hood and in the boot.

Yesterday I checked the car for the first time and the passenger compartment
was littered with mouse droppings, even INSIDE the empty soap box, and there
was no sign of the soap left anywhere!   No damage and nothing was eaten as
far as I could tell but it's mothballs for me from now on!

Art McEwen

'60 TR3A