Re: Electric Fan Control

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electric Fan Control
From: "Mike Kitchener" <mikek@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2003 18:17:06 +0200
Gerald  Van Vlack wrote :

>  Incidentally, I would strongly recommend against
> monitoring the temperature via any kind of device in the lower hose or
> pipe between lower hoses unless your setting is much lower than your
> desired running temperature. Reason; the hottest water is coming off
> the head and needs to be monitored there in order to keep the engine
> running in an acceptable temperature range. It is after all where the
> temperature gauge is sensing the engine temperature.

Jerry ,
I agree entirely that the setting must be much lower than the outlet temperature
but I believe that the outlet temp is proportional to the inlet temp at idle ,
when the
electric fan is most needed , so the cut-in temp was set with the stock
temperature
gauge at 190 F.
This set-up has worked very well for the last 3 years or so in all traffic and
ambiant
conditions .

Cheers

Mike