Re: Electric Fan Control

To: MotoPsyche@aol.com
Subject: Re: Electric Fan Control
From: Joe Curry <Spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 21:14:15 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
MotoPsyche@aol.com wrote:

> For those who have installed electric fans, do you use a thermostatic switch
> to control the fan, or did you hook up a manual on/off switch?  Or both?  If
> you used a thermo, what type of sensor and location on the radiator did you
> select?
>
> Getting ready for hot weather!
>
> Bill Stagg
> 1961 TR3A

Bill,
In my Race Car I have the fan connedted to a thermostatically controlled
relay that comes on at 204 degrees.  But as a backup, I also have it on
a toggle switch so I can override the relay.

On my street Spit I have only a switch.  I have rarely had to use the
fan which is mounted in front of the radiator and and only serves as a
backup to the water pump driven fan on the engine.

Joe