RE: Camber, Caster and so on... (Shorter)

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Camber, Caster and so on... (Shorter)
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 08:37:45 -0800
> >Mike, before you celebrate too much, I suggest reading the
> factory manual.
> >I don't have it handy, but ISTR it specifies that the car should
> be 'laden'
> >when doing the alignment.
>
> One step forward, two steps back...
>
> I don't have a factory manual for my Spitfire.   Could someone who does
> have one to hand please check for me?

I have only the factory manual for early Spits, it contains the notation
(static laden) behind the caster and camber specs.  However, this is not
mentioned in the procedures for checking and setting caster and camber, so
perhaps the assumption is that the engine provides enough of a load that the
effect of passenger weight can be ignored on the front.  I can't find any
rear specifications at all (which would be irrelevant anyway, Mike has a
different rear suspension).

Randall