Re: TR3 grille

To: "Jesse Bregman" <jbregman@mac.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 grille
From: "Dave Willner" <dwillner@icontech.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 09:27:31 -0500
Jesse,

I believe that TRFs are a highly polished grille, and although not quite the
original "slightly polished" aluminum look, they do look great. The ones
I've seen also have fitted very well.

A lot of aftermarket ones are also too "tall" and owners seem to bend them
in to fit, not a great look. The one thing you should check for  is the
width of the salts in the grille. The original slats were quite a bit
narrower than some of the new aftermarkets and some of the newer ones have
also led owners to have some overheating problems because of reduced air
flow. My original grille's slats are 7/16".

You may also want to take some measurements and speak to some of the sales
guys to make sure it fits tight.

Dave Willner
59 TR3A Apple Green
80 Spitfire Carmine Red