[Fwd: Re: deep pan]

To: TR250 <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fwd: Re: deep pan]
From: David <dmb993@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 00:04:47 -0800
Thanks Phil for setting me straight. I kindof fell in love
with my infinitesimal argument. I ran a quick experiment
with a turntable and a couple of glasses of water. I
filled both to the same level. One contained just water,
the other contained 50% water and 50% coins by
volume. I then spun the turntable to see the effects
of the g forces. You are correct. It seems that the water
doesn't care what's below it ( more water or a solid);
the angle that the water assumes relative to the
horizontal was the same for both glasses. I stand
corrected. Thanks for the illumination, and thanks
for the agreement, that regardless of the depth of
the sump, the pickup should be placed as low as
possible. Sorry if I mislead anyone. :-)

David