Broken Crank

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Broken Crank
From: Mike Lang <mlang@easystreet.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 09:36:28 -0800
I just pulled the engine out of my TR3, and found that the crank shaft
is in two pieces. I have it on the engine stand, but haven't removed the
pan yet. Based on the way the back end of the crank moves around, I
would say that it is broken somewhere between the rear and middle main
bearings. Is this a common failure?

It's a good thing I bought a package deal of two cars. I guess I will
now be pulling the second engine for parts

Thanks,

Mike

1956 TR3
1960 TR3A