GT6

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: GT6
From: "Alun Bain" <MPArun@minorplanet.com.au>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 07:56:00 +1100
Hi all!

I have great news...  I am the proud new owner of a 1971 MkIII GT6, all
original but in several pieces!  It has been sitting in a garage since 1997
with the engine out and the dashboard, wiring loom, seats, carpet, bonnet,
windshield and liftback all removed.  I am taking the motor apart to lubricate
it before getting it started out of the car and the car is going elsewhere to
have a small bit of rust fixed at the back and to be reassembled! then the
motor goes back in and it's ready for a respray - woo hoo!  BUT... because it
has been sitting for a while (it was in everyday use till taken off the road
for rust and suspension in 1997) what are the likely problems with the engine,
what other things should I check? and if first gear is a little clunky but the
rest are fine, what is that likely to be?

Alun - 1971 GT6