Need some Ignition - Coil advise! The Saga Continues

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Need some Ignition - Coil advise! The Saga Continues
From: Divits@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 23:07:33 EDT
Well, again I would like to thank Brian, Richard, Michael, Rich, Randall,
Mark, Chip, Paul and Bob!!! Thank you so much for all the good ideas!

I am happy to say that I finally got the 250 started! I started out with some
wire and a test light in hand ready to try all the suggestions I received.
But before I started my testing I had new points that I had ordered and I
wanted to put a little axle grease in the rocker arm since I really cleaned
it up before I put the new one on last week. As I was doing all this I
noticed a little black wire (lead earth) was no longer connected!? I guess
over age the wire had come worn out of it's clasp. I took the old clasp out
and put a torch to it to open it up. I was lucky that the original wire was
just long enough to strip of some of the insulation (wires underneath looked
good) and rewelded them back to the clasp. I then put everything back
together and leaned over the door to the ignition and turned the key and what
do you know...she started right up!

I was very happy that I had this problem finally solved and without doing all
the different tests that I was prepared to do. However, I have to tell you
that I was a little upset with myself that I didn't discover the original
problem earlier!! But is was great when me and the dog jumped in went for a
nice cruise for an hour!

Again, I want to thank all you guys for taking the time to help me solve this
problem!!! I hope to return the favor someday!

Thanks again,
John
1968 TR250