RE: A type overdrive

To: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Bob Rochlin <r_rochlin@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: A type overdrive
From: Patrick Bitton <pbitton@axess.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 23:11:15 -0400
I just experienced the same thing but with an J-Type.
You have to remove the transmission in order to get the overdrive in. Also,
you need to replace the main shaft. Another words...take it apart. I got my
transmission rebuilt and also replaced the clutch. You might as well replace
the clutch because you do not want to go through this again. You should do
this, oh...once in lifetime, in my opinion. It's a back breaking job.

To answer you question about the handbrake...No you do not have to remove
it, just pull it up as much as possible but not forcing it.

Good luck,

Patrick