Re: A type O/D

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: A type O/D
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 23:50:07 +0100
Hi James
Did you solve your leak, I rebuilt my A type and it too leaks like a tea
strainer, where did you find your leak, I think I am going to have to go the
test bed route, though I should have lots of time to test the gearbox as I
now have to do an engine swap, I blew my PI the other day. :-(( I was going
to rebuild a unit and swap them, but I have a runner, unknown condition, and
as the withdrawal symptoms are getting bad I am going to fit it and rebuild
a motor over a longer time span!
If any one out there has suggestions on the more obscure leak sites (or the
obvious ones) I would welcome the tips.

Thanks in advance.

Graham,
1967 1300 FWD
1968 2000 Saloon
1972 2.5PI Saloon
1974 Sprinted Dolomite 1850
1975 Toledo in restoration!

http://www.triumph-iw.co.uk
http://www.mickdolphin.co.uk Spares Supplier.

Driving at 9/10 - you're not paying attention, 10/10 - to and from work, but
to really have fun requires 11/10!