Re: Heater Switch Short

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <JMHaas@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Heater Switch Short
From: "levilevi" <levilevi@home.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 17:59:47 -0700
Jan,

Hope that it's at the switch and that your green wire is somehow shorting
out there (wires pushed together or some mouse nest or something).
Otherwise I'd guess that it might be shorting out at the place where the
wires to the motor come through the heater box (tight squeeze)....those are
going to be a little tougher to work with and/or get to.  Try
pushing/pulling that wiring back and forth a bit to see if you get it to
stop blowing fuses.  A trick I read about somewhere said to get a little 12
volt buzzer from Radio Shack and attach it to both sides of the fuse so that
when it goes off you'll know which "wriggle" or movement is causing the
short.  And don't forget to have the ignition on cause green wires are hot
only when the ignition is on (see even I can learn from Dan Master's book).

Bud Rolofson
71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
71TR6 CC65446 (Christmas Ornament)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck)