Re: Heater Switch Short

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Heater Switch Short
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 23:40:26 -0000
Hi Jan
If this switch is like the Herald 1360 light switch (2 stage pull switch) I
had a similar problem that put the lights out more than once! The insulation
on one of the spade terminals had been up against part of the dash frame and
wore through, allowing the contact to short to ground, it depended on the
direction in which you pulled the switch, slightly downwards with the force
and no problem, slightly upwards with the force and pow!

Graham,
1967 1300 FWD
1968 2000 Saloon
1972 2.5PI Saloon