RE: parts solvent

To: "'greenman62@hotmail.com'" <greenman62@hotmail.com>, Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu, ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM
Subject: RE: parts solvent
From: "Paige, Dean" <DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 15:05:57 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I'm in total agreement here. Carbon Tet is far from benign. It has not been
used in fire extinguishers since the 60's and for good reason as already
noted. As I think back it was one of the first of the common household
chemicals to be banned for sale to the general public. Used to be able to
buy it in the drugstore for clothing spot removal. It is very nasty stuff.
The CNS damage being one of the major effects and non reversible to boot.
And it doesn't take much. It was one of the first compounds that was used by
the already brain damaged for "huffing" to get a high. A very nasty and
dirty high that often brought with it loss of consciousness and lasting
nuerological effects not to mention permanent liver damage. We hippies
thought the biker types who went in for this stuff were...well...psycho, and
made more so in the process.

Deano