RE: Trying to find a specific TR3 colour

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Trying to find a specific TR3 colour
From: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 12:08:34 -0700
Bill :

You raise some good points, but I'd have to say I prefer the way things are
: no 'list police', sometimes divergent discussions, jokes, news
(especially LBC news like the Great Race, Rover breakup, etc.), etc.

With the "private reply/summary" approach, there is always the danger of
misunderstanding, lost subtlies, etc.  Plus, there are a lot of very
knowledgeable lurkers on the list that only chime in when someone's
information is flat wrong.  There have been several threads that I think
expanded far beyond what they would have been under your approach, with the
result that more information crawled out of the woodwork.

IMO Having rules as you propose pretty much only subdues the people that
are polite to begin with.  I don't see that we really have a problem with
redundant posts or inappropriate cross posts.

Just my 2p worth.
Randall
59 TR3A daily driver

BTW, there is already a web site with an archive of all posts at
listquest.com  For the Triumphs list, you can go directly to
http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=triumphs and enter your search
terms.