RE: Trying to find a specific TR3 colour

To: "'Pat'" <pleask@mailhost.wlc.com>, TRlist <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Trying to find a specific TR3 colour
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@chekhov.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 01:22:46 -0400
The color sample you see on the tr-color page is Silvertone grey (58-61 -
DuPont 83743/PPG 51943) and is much lighter than a Gunmetal Grey (62-67 -
PPG 12924) that was popular on the GT6's which has to my eye a blue cast to
it.    Another option is a color called Phantom Grey (59-61 - DuPont 83739)
that is darker grey without the blue of the Gunmetal.

It is very possible that the color of the car in the picture is Gunmetal.
It is the only example of a grey car I could find out on the web. (my
apologies to the owner - I didn't make note of where I found it)

Also, color doesn't transfer well to images and is very dependent on your
monitor.  In all likelihood, the grey you see is different than the grey I
see on our respective monitors.

Carl