Re: TR6: Jack up the Back?

To: 105671.471@compuserve.com, msecrest@erols.com
Subject: Re: TR6: Jack up the Back?
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 23:05:37 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 6/26/00 6:40:35 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
105671.471@compuserve.com writes:

<< Do NOT, I repete, do NOT jack up a TR6 using the spare tie-down support
 tube (the tube that runs side to side under the midpoint of the boot).  If
 the tube is weakened by rust it will deform and you will be left with less
 trunk than you started with.  Ask me how I know. >>

furthermore -
even if the tube is good, if the trunk is weakened by rust, the tube will
bend into
the trunk.
not only that -
you can't even jack up the rear end of a bare frame under that tube without
bending the tube -   DO NOT ask me how I know this.

Cheers
Jack Mc